Account limitation in Australia

Dashem
Contributor
Contributor

After more than 10 years running this (Australian) PayPal "Business account" I'm suddenly hit with account limitations suggesting I go to both the resolutions centre to resolve the issues (There Are None Listed Requiring resolution) and to "Funds Now" which also has nothing to show other than the Limitation Warning which says due to recent activity changes to my account I need to provide more information - Of all the 6 items they list which could be any form of issue or change that they are acting on - NONE-not 1 has changed since inception...WTF!   Is this just a Time wasting exercise by them - MY Bank doesn't request this stuff why should Paypal as a secondary (Non Banking) service provider when there has been no circumstantial changes!  Paypal was supposed to be a simple-easy to use- Payment Platform for users - it's not any more!  Bank Transfers will be the way now - Its so much less hassle!

Welcome feed back  here  - Banking Reg's in Australia Don't require 1/2 the stuff Paypal are requesting on the whole once establishing an account with a Bank - Why do Paypal and why can they control access to your account when a Bank can not!

REALY AN UNHAPPY USER THESE DAY-NO WONDER I"M FINDING SO MANY CLIENTS REJECTING PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

KMJL
New Community Member

I am currently getting the run around. Kind of feel like I'd rather deal with centrelink than paypal atm - so that's saying something. I have uploaded several documents and it keeps coming back to me. None of the reject emails actually state what is wrong with the docs. I'm going to try call them tomorrow to try and get to the bottom of it. So over it!

Login to Me Too

Dashem
Contributor
Contributor

It's very difficult - as so much of their process is automated by scanning bots looking for certain key wording - I had the same issues and all I could do was keep re-sending the same correct documentation with explanatory emails and filling out their complaints page - eventually someone actually must have reviewed it physically.  When you call you most likely will be speaking to the States who know nothing of your issue as such and have to review it but it does eventually happen - I was locked out of my account for 10 days which was still accepting sales and PayPal still continued to take their fees imeditely.  Persevere, its a poor resolution process but a useful Payment system none the less.  Since being resolved I have full access to all the PayPal Features and Services with zero further issues.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.