Account limitation due to possible ID stolen.

Sword7
Contributor
Contributor

I got a weird message said that some of your account information is shared with an account that has a problem from PayPal and placed my account on limitation status.   I tried to contact message center, etc but got messages from bots instead.  I do not know any account has some same information like my PayPal account.  I have only one PayPal account for many years.  That is possible ID stolen from dark web.   I submitted my all proof of documentations and they are now working on that.  With my limited account, I am concerned that monthly charges for some stream providers (Paramount+, Netflix, etc.) might be blocked this week.  I need my account to be restored as soon as possible.

Update:  I googled some and check my email messages, etc.  I now learned about 'provide purchase receipts from your supplier'.  I do not have my supplier.  I do not sell anything for many years.  I only buy goods.  That asked me same information for 2nd time after PayPal first put limitation my account exact one year ago.  They restored my account a few days later.  Now they put my account on limitation and asked me to providing same information like photo ID, proof of identity, a copy of bank/credit card statement and purchase receipts from my supplier again (2nd time)!   That looks like glitch in PayPal system.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.