Account limitation after accepting a mobile Paypal transaction

BannDesignsfx
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I hope I can reach a capable customer service over this forum.

I have been using Paypal for years. Today my account was suspended without further statement why.
I accepted a mobile transcation to my mother's cell phone number. In order for me to accept it, I had to add my mother's number to my Paypal account. After I did this, the money was accepted. 5 minutes later I got the email that my account is now blocked to protect Paypal from possible losses.
Upon further inquiry, I am only told that my account is now permanently locked. What kind of service is this? My account is blocked for no stated reason and there is no way to appeal it?

In addition, I have money on my Paypal account. In what way should my account contribute to Paypal making losses? And Paypal still presumes to keep my money blocked.

This service is a joke.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BannDesignsfx
Contributor
Contributor

First I contacted Paypal through their message option. As reply, I received that it's permanent, no further information, nothing.

Then I called customer support. The lady on the phone as really kind and helpful. She admitted that their was NO information on why my account got limited. The limitation got checked by a person in charge, and the limitation was lifted, because there was no real cause why it was limited in the first place.

So to all the people whose accounts get limited without any real cause, don't stop trying to get your account and your money back. Call customer support till you get a capable person on the phone that tells you why your account was limited. If there is no reaons, demand your account back.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BannDesignsfx 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

BannDesignsfx
Contributor
Contributor

First I contacted Paypal through their message option. As reply, I received that it's permanent, no further information, nothing.

Then I called customer support. The lady on the phone as really kind and helpful. She admitted that their was NO information on why my account got limited. The limitation got checked by a person in charge, and the limitation was lifted, because there was no real cause why it was limited in the first place.

So to all the people whose accounts get limited without any real cause, don't stop trying to get your account and your money back. Call customer support till you get a capable person on the phone that tells you why your account was limited. If there is no reaons, demand your account back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.