Account limitation / Impossible to upload proof of adress

jlpetit
New Community Member

From now two weeks, I have this notification which prevent me to transfer fund from my paypal account to my bank :

You have reached a usage threshold that requires us to confirm your identity as account owner. PayPal needs to do this to comply with regulatory requirements. To prevent any account limitations, please confirm your identity at dashboard

When I click on dashboard, I get the following message : thank you for privinding the required information. We'll get back to you within 2-3 days. 

All the required date have been provided.

Because I guessed there is some bug in the system, I post a message and called the helpdesk. A guy from the helpdesk told me I must update my proof of adress. I received an email from compliance apac and sent back my proof of adress.

It's now 5 days and nothing happened.

Has someone already experienced this problem ?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

jonellabrao
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same problem. Has this issue been resolved? 

Login to Me Too

stefanuseh
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem, already provide the identity few months ago, but never heard back from paypal, now my account has limited

Login to Me Too

jonellabrao
Contributor
Contributor

Mine just got resolved today. Thanks to their very friendly customer service team.

If you want faster resolution to your limited account, you can directly call their security department at 800-822-2323 or you may call their customer service at +Go to https://www.paypal.com/help and click "Call Us". I don't have credits to use my phone to call them since I'm calling all the way from the Philippines, so I used Google Voice as alternative, it's Free. I hope this helps. Good luck. 🙂

Login to Me Too

stefanuseh
Contributor
Contributor

do you need to provide document information again or not?

And how long until your account is resolved from the time you call them?

thanks

Login to Me Too

jonellabrao
Contributor
Contributor

They told me that the first document I sent which is the bank statement wasn't approved so I uploaded a new document. So I uploaded a government issued doc that has my address on it. I made sure address from my PayPal account is exactly the same "word by word" to the address that is on the document that I uploaded. My only problem was I cannot upload a new file to the upload page since I've already uploaded a file before so I called them and they told me to upload the file here https://www.paypal.com/il/uploaddoc and called them again to verify. My account has been restored in less than 24 hours. 

Login to Me Too

electricfeel979
Contributor
Contributor

can you tell which government doc you provided? Baranggay clearance? Police Clearance? 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

electricfeel979
Contributor
Contributor

how long did it take to get your issue resolved? I am actually also calling via google voice, but everytime I tell the AI/Robot that its an account limitation, my call gets drop. 

Login to Me Too

Brenda1028
New Community Member
I am experiencing the same issue also.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.