Account judged and prosecuted without reason and without notice

Alaskashiz79
Contributor
Contributor
I had the exact same thing happen. A few days ago my account was limited and i immediately provided drivers license photo. And more documents than requested. Only to have paypal lie and lift limits just to get me to make 800 Dollars worth of ongoing transactions and then lock my account permanently!! I called customer service and they told me there's nothing I can do about it and insulted me and proceeded to be very rude and down grading. All day long ive been trying to talk to someone and plead ny innocence, with no luck. Not even able to get a response from Paypal as to a reason or explanation to what the hell is wrong with selling pokemon cards because I lost my job!! This is unbelievable and has to be illegal for them to just decide to lock up my account and keep my money for 180 days?!?!?! Then they will email me on how to get MY MONEY. I cant believe that this is even possible. I am seriously thinking about sueing paypal just to make a point and prevent them from doing this to someone else! Any ideas and or info and or comments will be gladly accepted. Because I am at a stand still and getting madder by the minute!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alaskashiz79 

What does it say in the “You cannot use PayPal anymore email” is the reason they permanently limited your account? That your account is a potential risk? They hold the money for 180 days is part of the process of ending the business relationship with you and to cover any disputes that may be filed against you in the next 6 months.

They explain all this in the email.

Maybe you sold too much too fast after the limitation.

Open a case at bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to get their executive escalations office to appeal your permanent limitation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alaskashiz79 

What does it say in the “You cannot use PayPal anymore email” is the reason they permanently limited your account? That your account is a potential risk? They hold the money for 180 days is part of the process of ending the business relationship with you and to cover any disputes that may be filed against you in the next 6 months.

They explain all this in the email.

Maybe you sold too much too fast after the limitation.

Open a case at bbb.org under PayPal San Jose, CA to get their executive escalations office to appeal your permanent limitation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Alaskashiz79
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much!! I am really hoping this gets resolved asap!! Kudo5!!
Login to Me Too

Alaskashiz79
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly what happened! Had a "partial limitation on my account for a 700 dollar transaction and then they held a 200bdollar order for i think 5 days? Then the "partial limitation" which I aced in minutes! Onlyvto have them take another 2 or 3 days to lift the limitations, and lead me to believe it is resolved only to let me send 800 dollars worth of orders out the last 2 or 3 days and then lock up everything with an obscure email explaining absolutely nothing but that they decided inaccurately that something's wrong! I have taken a ton of copies of receipts and provided as much as they will allow and even offered more! I cant even get an email back or get a decent non insulting person on the phone! It's absolutely ridiculous! Iv paid them a ton in fees in the past few months and I don't mind it if its a good app or wat not but this is a sorry excuse for a disgrace of customers everywhere! Even now days, with every generation getting worse, this is bad! Thats not something you would expect from a big company like payfail! Again thank you so much for your responsevI really appreciate it!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.