Account is Limited, Paypal asking for Bank Statement but I do not have a bank account

kevgra
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited trying to send money. I have both a business account as well as a personal account and have sent money back and forth between accounts trying to send money through Xoom to a family member, with each time getting an error and a refund process. I got the message on my personal account where I cuurently have the funds kept, saying:

"We noticed that you've been using your PayPal account in a questionable manner. To understand this better, we will require some information from you.

In an effort to keep your account secure, we've also limited certain features in your account. You'll be able to regain access to these features once you provide the information we've requested."

I have provided paypal with proper documents including DL, current address and exactly what I was doing between accounts EXCEPT for one inquiry asking for a Bank Statement, but I do not have a Bank Account. Paypal was where I was keeping money I received through sales on Craigslist and is the only Financial Institution I use for payments. I have over $1.2K in my account and I do not know what to do. How am I going to lift the limit on my account if I do not have a Bank Account to get a bank statement to begin with?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kevgra 

Usually a bank statement is used for verifying mailing address so perhaps it can be substituted with a credit card statement or utility bill under your name. However, that can change to a specific request. If you do not have a bank account, write a letter explaining why, pdf it and upload it.

If PayPal still deem your account as risky, it will be permanently limited. You will have to wait 180 days in order to withdrawal your funds. 180 days because that is how long transactions can be disputed and PayPal wants to ensure there are funds available to cover any liabilities. You can ask customer service to put in a ticket to limitations dept on whether you could withdrawal funds earlier and since you don’t have a bank account, request a check withdrawal instead.

Yeah, I can see why the system would be triggered from the to-ing and fro-ing activity between your accounts then Xooming out the funds. They’re probably going, ‘what is this person doing?’

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kevgra
Contributor
Contributor
Where would I upload a letter to Paypal? I looked through their Contact Us link and Help Message Center and was only able to send brief messages and complete a few of the required documents. I live with family and the utility bill is under my fathers name.
Login to Me Too

kevgra
Contributor
Contributor
I have sent a Letter in pdf format to substitute for the bank statement file.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.