Account has been restricted for over a month.

Armon71
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My account has been restricted for over a month.  I am from the Philippines and I have been using Paypal for nearly a decade.  I don't know what the problem is.  I have submitted the documents they asked and i get the message that they will contact me within 2 or 3 business days.  It has been a month since I submitted the documents and no one has contacted me and lifted the restrictions.  I badly need the money I have there right now and I could not even phone them because I do not have enough money to call long distance.  Any advice?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Armon71
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: After calling customer support about the situation, the restriction on my account was lifted at the end of the day.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Armon71 

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Armon71
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, @kernowlass  I have sent them a message on both Facebook and Twitter just to be sure.  Their staff responds to tweets but I haven't received a response to my DMs yet.

Login to Me Too

Armon71
Contributor
Contributor

So, according to the agents handling Twitter and Facebook, they have escalated my concern.  How much longer do I need to wait?  I have waited for over a month and I really, really need to buy medicine and diapers.  This is highly inconvenient and frustrating.  I have been using Paypal since 2010 and I am wondering why all of a sudden I got restricted.

Login to Me Too

Armon71
Contributor
Contributor

Strange thing is there isn't any case for my account in the Resolution Center.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Armon71
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: After calling customer support about the situation, the restriction on my account was lifted at the end of the day.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.