Account has been permanently restricted, but no explanation and not sure why! What can I do now?

Saba77
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

I have been a customer of Paypal since 2015. I have had no issues whatsoever with Paypal and I only use them when I buy things from eBay and/or Groupon etc. Never had an issue. So what should I do now? I am stuck as eBay, Amazon etc they all use Paypal a

Then

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Saba77 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so. OR ........

Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tutunkhamun
New Community Member

Yes this just just happened to me and all I use PayPal for is Uber, Ebay and Tattslotto. Its difficult why they cant give you an explanation and I have been a member for 10 years. I don't know what I have done. Makes me feel like a criminal. There seems to be no opportunity to discuss it or get information. They just make these decisions to assume guilt rather than opening a dialogue at the very least. 

Login to Me Too

Saba77
Contributor
Contributor
It is so pathetic and unprofessional of PayPal. With this attitude, and competition from similar companies, I don’t think they will survive long!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.