Account has been limited due to "some suspicious activity" I have ZERO activity!

IRfurious
Contributor
Contributor

Account has been limited due to "some suspicious activity" I have ZERO activity! What is PayPal doing?? Playing God?

PAYPAL HAS LIMITED MY ACCOUNT DUE TO "NOTICING SOME SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IN MY ACCOUNT" !*!*!* WHAT ACTIVITY !*!*!*! ?????????? THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ACTIVITY ON MY ACCOUNT !!!!!!!!!!! LOGGING IN WAS RIDICULOUS....I VERIFIED MYSELF 2 WAYS *AND* HAD TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD *AGAIN* JUST TO GET LOGGED INTO MY ACCOUNT. NOW THEY WANT YET ANOTHER WAY TO PROVE I'M ME????? THIS IS LUDICROUS!!!! A PHOTO ID? ABSOLUTELY NOT. PAYPAL DOES NOT NEED MY PHOTO & CERTAINLY HAS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO VERIFY IT EVEN IF I SENT IT. THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND ABSURD.

I DON'T EVEN NEED TO PROVIDE MY PHOTO TO A BANK WHEN I OPEN AN ACCOUNT. ** PAYPAL IS NOT A BANKING INSTITUTION ** THEY AREN'T GOD ** AND DEFINITELY NOT GUARDIANS OF ***** MY***** MONEY!! THERE IS NO NEED FOR PAYPAL TO HAVE MY PHOTO. THEY WILL NOT BE GETTING IT. PAYPAL, YOU MIGHT AS WELL CLOSE MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I CAN NOT ACCESS IT. IF I COULD GET ACCESS, THE ONLY "ACTIVITY" WILL BE CLOSING THIS USELESS, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING, **bleep**-POOR EXAMPLE OF A ****LEGITIMATE**** ACCOUNT.  PAYPAL USES EXTORTION TACTICS, BULLYING, THREATENING STATEMENTS & ACTIONS, AND EXTREMELY UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES ALL IN THE NAME OF GETTING THEIR HANDS ON OUR MONEY. ***OUR*** MONEY, NOT THEIRS, OURS.  WHO ARE THEY TO TELL US WHEN WE RECEIVE OUR MONEY, HOW MUCH OF OUR MONEY WE ARE ALLOWED TO SEND OR WITHDRAW, WHO WE ARE ALLOWED TO DO BUSINESS WITH USING OUR MONEY, OR WHEN WE ARE ALLOWED TO USE OUR MONEY?!?!?!  THEY LIMIT OUR ACCOUNTS SO WE CAN NOT ACCESS OUR MONEY  AND HOLD IT FOR RANSOM UNTIL WE GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT.  THAT SEEMS LIKE TO DEFINITION OF EXTORTION TO ME.  THIS IS HOW WEBSTER'S DEFINES EXTORTION, OR TO EXTORT: 

Definition of extort, transitive verb

: to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power

The Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, DEFINITION https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/extort 

Examples of extort in a Sentence:  The criminals extorted large sums of money from their victims. (PAYPAL IS THE CRIMINAL, WE ARE THE VICTIMS).

Yup, that sounds about right.......PAYPAL, YOU SU*K.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IRfurious 

To close a limited account contact customer services.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IRfurious 

To close a limited account contact customer services.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LucifersBabe
New Community Member
I have the similar problem, it's as if as soon as I created the account that message popped up, and before I had a bank account of my own, I linked my friends card that she ended up canceling, so now it wants some transaction proof even tho that bank account has been canceled, so I can't 'prove my identity' with that transaction list. The only other way I can prove my identity is by my social security number and that's kinda wack, since I already showed my id and linked my new bank account. Still nothing
Login to Me Too

IRfurious
Contributor
Contributor

Just PayPal's way of showing us they have control of our money. Why? Because they can. They don't need a photo or SSN, at all. Because PayPal is not federally insured they are NOT a banking institution as they make themselves out to be.  Information is power and that is the only reason they want our personal, private information.  SSN for tax purposes is reasonable if you don't have FEIN#. But if you're a legit company, you've got one and have already added it to the account, so asking for a SSN is intrusive and just plain wrong.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now, lol.  Thanks for reading my rant.  Seems like more and more people are experiencing issues like ours.  PayPal's days are numbered with cryptocurrency becoming more mainstream.  Finally. Have a good week!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LucifersBabe wrote:
I have the similar problem, it's as if as soon as I created the account that message popped up, and before I had a bank account of my own, I linked my friends card that she ended up canceling, so now it wants some transaction proof even tho that bank account has been canceled, so I can't 'prove my identity' with that transaction list. The only other way I can prove my identity is by my social security number and that's kinda wack, since I already showed my id and linked my new bank account. Still nothing

Sorry, but you can't use someone else's financial information in a paypal account that's under your name. That should be a no brainer especially with the internet.

And you agreed to adhere to the PayPal user agreement when you signed up which says they will collect certain information to verify your identity to a comply with regulations. PayPal may not be a bank but they are obligated to adhere to some of the banking laws.

You have every right though to close your account if you don't agree with the gathering of this information.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#top

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ddmsf1
New Community Member

I have only a credit account at Pay Pal and unless someone wants to break in and pay off my debt, I don't see what "suspicious activity" they could be talking about. But since Pay Pal is  insulates what few humanoids might actually be working there with several layers of "artificial unintelligence," i have no recourse but to leave them with no more than this comment [And how much do you guess anyone or anything at Pay al cares about this?].

I am not going to send a photo I.D. to anyone online not ever, never for any reason. As long as I can access my account to pay off my credit debt I am going to vote Pay Pal into history the best way anyone can online any more: simply stop using their services. Pay Pal actually did me a favor. I've had only a few successes at reducing my reliance on credit. Online mistreatment has been an unfortunate but powerful incentive. This will give me a motivation to continue.  Hey, Pay Pal! is there any way I can assist you in shooting yourself in the other foot? LOL! DDM/SF

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.