Account hacked

Deni13
New Community Member

Hello,

I haven't/aren't very active on PayPal. I have it for a year or two but used it for like 2 or 3  transactions so far and my last use of it was on 15th January 2020. 

A while back, I received some email on 18th February regarding some website: namecheap? I didn't get it or understand it at that time/moment so I just ignored it and thought it was spam mail or something.

A few days ago, I think on 26-27 February i got a "suspicious" activity email from paypal, which then again, I didn't get. I accessed it and saw they require "additional" information and I just closed it because I wasn't using PayPal anytime soon so decided I would just fill it at the moment when I want to.

Today, I've logged it to check and try to see what's up & maybe fill those and I've noticed someone else has done them for me? Except one of them, they were all filled so I got shocked and  checked my activity.

I've noticed bunch of transactions between random people and one person receiving all that money transferred from my account to his.

Am I in trouble? I've reported it to paypal but I'm not sure what to do, will I end up having to pay back all this person has taken?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deni13 

"Am I in trouble? I've reported it to paypal but I'm not sure what to do, will I end up having to pay back all this person has taken?"

No one here can't predict that. It's up to what PayPal finds and decides, as a result of their investigation, since you've reported it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.