Account hacked

Frustrated20192
New Community Member

My PayPal account was hacked yesterday and 2 transactions were made. The hacker managed to change my email and password and getting hold of PayPal today was a nightmare! Because the email had changed I was told I didn't have enough info to access my account, he wanted an old phone number from my old address, I couldn't remember it. I rang a few more times and got cut off! I rang tonight and hot hold of a nice man who got me back into my account. He asked me lots of security questions unlike the man this morning who was no help. Because of the fraudulent activity, my account is very limited, I can't buy or withdraw money which day doesn't bother me because I want to close it now as it doesn't feel secure anymore. Every time I log in, I have to go through a security check and change my password, is this normal? Also because my account is so restricted, I can't close it, will PayPal lift the restriction and let me close the account, I just want it gone after all this grief. Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frustrated20192 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.