Account hack

twittybug
New Community Member

My account was hacked when I was using my computer the hacker acted like they was with microsoft and hacked my computer. My computer started making a loud sound and different screens popped up on my computer and they told me not to turn off my computer or I would lose all my pictures and files. The hacker was able to log into my Paypal account and send over $500.00 to someone I never heard of before or talked to before on on the Paypal transaction they listed her as a friend. I reached out to Paypal and told them my account was hacked and I opened up a complaint and they denied my claim without investigating  it completely they closed the case within three hours. This have left me in a financial hardship I am on a fixed income and live on my monthly income from month to month and now I am in the negative with my bank.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@twittybug 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#unauthorized-transactions

What is not considered an Unauthorized Transaction

The following are NOT considered Unauthorized Transactions:

• If you give someone access to your PayPal account (by giving them your login information) and they use your PayPal account without your knowledge or permission. You are responsible for transactions made in this situation.
  • Invalidation and reversal of a payment as a result of the actions described under Refunds, Reversals and Chargebacks.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.