Account got limited even though it shows as verified

ElenaN7
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there, about a week ago, I got a notification in the bell icon in PayPal that ''there's a problem with your account" . I clicked it, there was a message that said that it was limited , but it doesn't say why. It also states if it's not resolved until the end of the month I will lose the ability to receive and send money.
There was a "Resolve" button but it was un-clickable. I wrote support and they told me that I need to upload 'proof of identity and address' even though may PayPal account shows that I have everything confirmed: that is personal info, address, identity, debit card, bank account.  They gave me a link since the "resolve" button wasn't working, I uploaded ID photos and a photo of a residential passport-type document showing my current address which is the same as written in my PayPal profile. They told me to wait 5 days and check if it's resolved. I waited, I tried to contact them again, and now the bot says that I have to contact them during working hours, which I did, but it still says that anyway. The "resolve" button was fixed so I also uploaded the photos there as well.

So I guess the questions would be several. Why would they want to confirm what is already confirmed and they don't explain why? How come there is a response from a bot that I should message during working hours, when I'm doing it during working hours (yes I take into account time zones) ? Why wasn't such an important feature of their site not working ? And why is it all so frustrating 😄
Ah they also told me to contact them after those 5 days, IF they haven't resolved it and "try again" . So I wonder why wouldn't it be resolved with such clear-cut photos that I provided? 

+Some frustration venting. This sucks when at the moment most of my income from freelance 3D work has to come trough PayPal and that I won't be able to pay for food, rent, bank dept, and take care of family, and they won't even tell you what's the problem. It's pretty one sided. They just seem to demand things and lock you out of your income until you comply.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Nicabaho
Contributor
Contributor
Me too PayPal send me an email that I am on limit..but I send them all my documents that I have but they email me that my government identification with address is rejected.. PayPal wake up not all PayPal users are rich..I am so much poor my money there in my account is for our foods and medicine of my grandparents so please help us I really need it badly..my nieces and my grandparents they did not eat since yesterday and no Medicine.. please help me to get my money..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.