Account frozen for weeks, no explaination

crystalmagnet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I need some help. I had an uptick in business last month resulting in a bunch of new inflows into my Paypal account. It seems that this has triggered something at Paypal because the account was frozen with the message "A temporary limitation has been placed on your account". I uploaded the required ID, information about the payments and changed passwords etc straight away as requested by Paypal.

However its been over two weeks now without any information from Paypal. I called the helpdesk three times so far and each time they apologies and assure me this will be resolved within 72 hours. It's like they just read off a sheet just to get rid me and I've now given up calling them. Business has be hurt bad now that I can't accept Paypal payments anymore and I've no idea how to get this resolved.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks for an help guys

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crystalmagnet 

Can take a while as you have to await your turn in the queue and paypal are never 'quick'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

crystalmagnet
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@crystalmagnet 

Can take a while as you have to await your turn in the queue and paypal are never 'quick'.

I've called the helpdesk 3 times now and they all said within 72 hours and it's coming up to 3 weeks now with no end in sight for this and zero feedback from Paypal. I'm sitting with no end in sight for this and its hammering my business.

Is the only way forward with this to report the issue to financial regulators and see if they can help? I'm in the EU  and Paypal are bound by EU law and that should give me some sortf of consumer protection wit this issue.

These huge US corporations are becoming increasingly predatory in how they deal with people. Hopefully they're not yet above the law

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.