Account disabled - Paypal refuses to delete my information.

blackbear87
New Community Member

Today my account was disabled. This was due to a single incident where I sold a genuine Windows 10 Pro retail key with a broken computer, (my legal right to do so) and Microsoft sent eBay a notice that I violated information privacy rights! I've contacted Microsoft 3 times and they still haven't replied. What a joke this entire situation is. Anyways, I noticed in Paypal's warning (below) that they've prevented me from being able to ever remove bank or card information. At this point I just want my personal information deleted, and paypal refuses to do so. So now my credit card information sit in a database, it's my legal right to ask that it be deleted, and the company is refusing to do so. How do I proceed without getting a lawyer involved that specalizes in information privacy?

paypal.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Fed_Up_Big_Time
Contributor
Contributor

Cancel the card immediately and get a new one. It might take a few days but at least you will have solved that part of the problem. Your bank might help with the deletion of your data too, in the interests of protection against identity theft.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.