Account closure****

caruso2
Contributor
Contributor
So I went through the identification process and was told my documents were reviewed and it was complete.. So I sent a message asking once your identity's approved how long is it before they take the limitations off. Lone behold I get an email later that night telling me that they were responding to my appeal request and that due to security issues they are shutting my account down and I had to wait a 180 days to get my money back???? I'm beyond baffled That 1 minute everything could be perfectly fine and in the next minute everything's a disaster and you can not get a response from anybody they want to keep sending these automated responses??? It's amazing that I can work as hard as I board and mind you this is my income like a lot of you so for somebody just a pop in on the scene and do what they do and tell me that my income that pays my mortgage and my bills is gonna be ceased for 180 days and they still have the out like what the security risks are. I have no idea what to do
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Gelai0408
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, 

I know how it was hard for you to be in this situtation most especially that ypu already did all the step in order to be fully verified however your account still have limitations. For us to better assist you and check the reason why it still happen have limitation kindly call our customer service as soon as our customer service is available. So we can check and review your account and help you find solution on ylur concern

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency, our phone lines are currently closed.

Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you

Login to Me Too

jpcastel82
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @caruso2 

Thanks for reaching the community for this concern. 

Sorry to hear that you want the account to be closed. Since our phone lines are not
accessible at the moment due to the worldwide pandemic crisis, we have an
available chat support option that can help you on that problem. Just login on
your Paypal account, go to Message Center. Then choose the option for Chat. Our
friendly customer support teammates are willing to assist you.

Hope this help. Stay safe always.

Login to Me Too

caruso2
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your response and advise but I can't request a chat because you guys shut my account down and I only have limited access to it. The message area is different from an open account. please there has to be some way to get through..Plus when I do send a message that AGAIN is limited I wait 5 days only to get a robot response..not even a live person

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525FT
Contributor
Contributor
CALL??? Someone has to be there to answer!!! Lord knows Ive tried calling.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.