Account blocked but why???

Anazia
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, my account has been closed. I don’t know why. I use PayPal a lot, unlike my family for all our purchases and stuff. My account is legit and all the information is correct. I read the policy and I haven’t done anything wrong, still you close my account? Why! Personally, I don’t have any money in my account but honestly, I always advised people to use PayPal for safety but no more. Why did they close my account? I need a legit reason! I’m appalled. If it is that I opened my account a lot of times yesterday from different sources, and it may have triggered it, then that was because my brother was supposed to send me money, and I was checking it again and again to see, if he has sent it. Everything was fine a day before. My money was easily transferred. I made purchases at a number of places. I’m just shocked. Again, there is no money in it; it’s just I thought it was safe. I’ll used credit card from now on. This is what I got: You can't use PayPal anymore At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services. Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money. Reference ID: PP-L-227939194147
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WetFox
New Community Member

I have been locked out of my account. The message I got when I went to log in was that due to suspicious activities my account was locked. I called the number that came up and was given a case number and was told I would get a call back from someone, which I did and he asked me to download Teamviewer to my PC he also got me to open a new tab and linked me to WC3 Markup Validation service. He then got me to put the pay pal site address in and it came up with a warning. He told me that there were people who were trying to hack my PC to get my banking details. He did the same with my bank asking me to add my banks we address into it and I got the same warnings. When I told him I did some banking on my phone he asked me to open google play and type in TeamViewer in that. I ended the call right there as I was suspicious of what he was doing and why he would be looking into my banking through the phone. I need some clarification that this is what pay pal does when trying to unlock an account!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.