Account being closed!!!

Chillisteak
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so two weeks ago I got an email stating my account was being closed, with absolutely no reason given for it.

I've used this account and Paypal for over 10 years now with no issues and suddenly I get this????
I've messaged several times, spoke to various members of staff and finally been given a response of it's being closed due to gambling.

I don't gamble never have and even if I did I don't get why that is any concern of Paypals on how I spend my money lol

Regardless I don't gamble so now I'm being accused and losing my account with money locked inside for something I don't do!

I've literally only ever used my account for buying and selling on eBay and paying subscriptions for various gaming services and sending money to friends and family and I don't do that all that often in the last year I can think of 3 people I've sent money too one being the girlfriend and the other two being friends. 

Anyway enough of the rant,

Has anyone ever got this decision changed? because I'm not happy about it more so now because I'm being accused of something I've never done.
I don't seem to be getting any response via the message centre 2 weeks now without a reply, I've sent an email to AUP violations after my last phone call which is when I was both told it was due to gambling and given this email but again almost a week now and no response.

Tried calling again today because I'm really not happy about it, but suddenly they haven't got anyone who can talk to me.

I actually feel like Paypal are ignoring me and don't actually give a s**t because I can't seem to get this solved!! aarrgghhh!! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Chillisteak
Contributor
Contributor

Does nobody have a solution for contacting Paypal, this is insane that I can't physically speak to anyone to sort this issue!!

Login to Me Too

Boncath
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. Out of the blue I've been sent an email saying my account is being closed. No reason given. And my money is locked in for 180 days! I get sent round and round in circles trying to contact them, and so far have been unable to contact anyone by phone, or even by message. If they don't reverse this, I will take it up with the UK financial ombudsman. Anyone else got any tips?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.