Account banned

momob
Contributor
Contributor
I made this PayPal account a few years ago when I was underage. Eventually, it got banned. I am now 18! And I created a new PayPal account. However, that one got banned eventually as well, because I did not know I was not allowed to create a new one. Is there any way I will be able to create a new account? Since I am now of age. I never did anything against the guidelines, besides opening an account when I was younger. I would like to delete this PayPal account, and regain access to the new one I have recently created. Or, deleted both accounts, and make an entirely new one. I really hope PayPal is able to resolve my issue. I feel that I should not be banned from PayPal for life because of a mistake I made when I was much younger. Thank you!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@momob 

Well you broke their rules by opening an illegal underage account so they aren't keen on you having another account if you take their rules so glibly.

However once the account was limited you would have had to ask customer services if they would allow you to open another account as you are now of age, but you didn't you just opened another one and so broke their rules again when you were 18.

Your only hope is to contact and ask if you can open another one as you are now over 18.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eleanorduggan31
Contributor
Contributor

The exact same thing happened to me, were you able to open a new account/correct the original

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.