Account Unfairly Permanently Limited

Ali994
Contributor
Contributor
I have been unfairly limited and I need someone at PayPal to help me if possible. I understand that account limitations may be necessary under certain circumstances but my case is different and I would like the opportunity to explain why and how it is different. My permanent account limitation has been imposed because of a “violation of user agreement”. I have not violated any user agreement or any of PayPal’s code of practice. In fact, my account was limited after my first payment was received from my first item I sold on eBay. The limitation didn’t give me any real reason or a fair opportunity to state my case. I have sent numerous messages via the message centre and get the same automatic response. After receiving my first payment from my first eBay sale, the money was initially held. I submitted tracking information and waited until the buyer received the item and left me positive feedback on eBay. Once the funds were released by eBay and the eBay hold was removed by PayPal, my account was instantly limited. I was asked by PayPal to submit proof of my identification, proof order fulfilment (which I provided tracking for) and invoices from my supplier. I submitted all the information required and explained that the item I sold was a collectible vinyl LP and did not originate from a supplier - it came from my personal collection and had been with me since the 90s. After I submitted all this information, the account was permanently limited with 180 day hold. I emailed PayPal numerous times, I called and was told nothing could be done and your representatives refused to give me a reason. I eventually decided to call PayPal USA to try and get some resolution. A representative there told me she was surprised my account had been limited and said that it was because of an IP address link with a user who has previously been limited. My partner had a PayPal account that was limited due to issues he had with order fulfilment because of covid-19 and China drop shipping. We use the same internet connection but are completely separate in terms of our eBay and PayPal accounts. I am my own person, I have my own items and my own mind. I should not be penalised and victimised by PayPal because I am in a relationship with someone who has an account that has been limited. I am not selling what my partner was selling. I am selling physical items that are in my possession that I am personally sending out myself. Aside from this being unfair, I am appalled that PayPal continue to hold my funds to protect itself against chargebacks. I have sold one item on eBay, I have good feedback for the item and I have a personal message from the buyer explaining that she will be keeping the item. Therefore, no chargeback risk. I have submitted all this information in the message centre but it has been ignored. I am attaching it to this email for your review. Permanent account limitation because I am associated with someone who has had their account limited previously is totally unfair. I am not selling the same items, I am not selling on the same platform and I am my own person. I am requesting that my funds be released immediately and that my account be restored. I have proof of delivery, proof of feedback and a personal message from the buyer. I sent the buyer a message explaining my situation with PayPal and that I would be grateful if she could send me a message explaining she is keeping the item. I just don’t know what to do. Nobody at PayPal seems to want to listen to reason
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ali994
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ali994 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation OR account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.