Account Permanently Limited without explanation

jwill129
Contributor
Contributor

Earlier this week my account was permanently limited without any explanation or warning. I've sent several messages requesting a reason why, but only received generic replies from customer service. I've even tried giving up and closing my account, but it can't be closed because I have an unresolved issue. I can't resolve the issue because 1) PayPal refuses to tell me what it is and 2) there are no options for next steps for a resolution on the emails they send to me.

I have NEVER sold anything on PayPal. I use it for online shopping and automatic payments for things like HelloFresh. In fact, my only purchases in the last 2 months are from HelloFresh.

Are meal planning services banned from being paid through PayPal? What can I do to resolve the issue? Or can anyonoe recommend a service similar to PayPal that actually has customer service? Any and all help is appreciated

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

LiamJG
Contributor
Contributor

Samething, I use paypal for purchases only mainly Netflix, Steam and the occasional eBay purchase. Permanently limited without explanation and I cannot reach anyone

Login to Me Too

jwill129
Contributor
Contributor

@LiamJGFor what it's worth, my account was eventually restored just as randomly as it was banned 3-4 weeks after this post.

Login to Me Too

LiamJG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JWil,

Thank you for the information, I expect this was due to some incorrect random automatic audit and hope my account is also randomly reactivated.

Take care

LG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.