Account Permanently Limited with $14,000 USD

jcoxx999
New Community Member

Hi! I sell digital goods via in game currency and my PayPal got limited after a month of selling! It has been permanently limited, and with corona virus I can not contact any customer service. I try to phone PayPal but it says the same thing of my limitation.

I was wondering, is there a chance I can appeal? What does legal action look like against PayPal? I'm not losing $14,000 USD that I worked hard for that chargebacks might have changed. Chargebacks happen everywhere, virtual or not.

Any information is very much appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jcoxx999 

What does the email PayPal sent you say about the account limitation? That you can appeal the decision? Some do and some have no chance to appeal.

Maybe you fit a account activity/profile that statistically is known to be risky and so your account was flagged and it could be some misunderstanding or false positive.

You have to wait up to 180 days before you can withdrawal typically if your request for appeal is denied but beware, if it turns out that you violated the PayPal user agreement/policies, your funds can be taken for damages. Its in the PayPal user agreement that we all agreed to.

Yes, chargebacks happen but PayPal would see that as a risk to them if too many are filed under certain conditions. 

Try to get in touch with customer service to appeal their decision. If that doesn't work, you may need to escalate it to executive level by opening a case with bbb.org with PayPal in San Jose, CA so it can get reviewed.

Response may take longer due to Covid-19 situation.

To contact customer service, please visit this page:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.