Account Permanently Limited .....WHY???

Amcoeek83
Contributor
Contributor

I am a product tester, which I have learned tons of people do this. I do not use my PayPal for a business, it is only to receive refunds for the products I test.  Suddenly, once my account has a higher amount of funds in it, I receive an email saying!@ my account has been temporarily limited.  I chat with a rep and as soon as I tell him that I am a product tester and the funds are refunds for those products, I receive another email saying my account is permanently limited.  I am given no reason for this nor can I access the funds that I truly need at the moment for 180 days.  One thing that really upsets me is the fact that the PayPal fees weren't held for 180 days before they received them.  I am truly thinking of calling a lawyer and the BBB because I have done nothing fraudulent for this to happen.  I have emailed them, messaged them on Facebook and continue to get the same answer.  How can a company do this?  To me, its like closing a bank account and being told you must wait 180 before you receive your funds.  Something has got to be about this company!  Its not enough that they take fees from every transfer and every payment that isn't 'friends and family' , they also limited out accounts to try to find a way to keep those funds as well.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amcoeek83 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.