Account Limited

edgaras231
Contributor
Contributor
Hello nice, I was wondering if this is standard procedure for PayPal to ask for a copy of ID social security or W-2 forms in order to remove the limitations of the account. I was having trouble adding PayPal to Google pay give me the phone number that I was supposed to dial to verify the account when I dial the number , representative swear acting very confused as if they have never done this before. they wanted to put me on hold so they could figure out out out to help me and so on finally Edward came on the line and said due to the bank secrecy act and the Patriot act they're obligated to ask me this information and that I should go to some website and upload the documents even though account has been active for a while I have my bank account at it is linked to the PayPal.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

edgaras231
Contributor
Contributor
By the way Edward a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Refer to the Patriot act and Bank secrecy act as a basis for his request.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @edgaras231,

Great question! We do require verification in order to offer some of our services through your account. Those are details that we may ask to complete verification, so you'll need to provide that information in order to resolve the limitation on file and continue using the account as normal. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.