Account Limited

bhobba
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I got a message from Paypal that my account is limited and I need to provide a photo and a receipt to fix it.   I personally do not have a photo of me, but can get one if required, and I most certainly have no receipt for anything I ever bought using Paypal.   I have tried to ring Paypal about this but cant get onto them.  What else can I do. 

Thanks

Bill

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

wrolfe
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, tried to purchase some online game time last night, was declined, my account is limited, now I am stuck trying to supply a receipt for a transaction that never took place, so I have no receipt. Not sure how to best contact them, I am in the UK.

Login to Me Too

Robyntzu
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in Australia but I think the receipt is if you're a seller, not for anything you purchase. I'm not a seller but I got asked for my supplier's receipt. Makes NO sense.

Login to Me Too

bhobba
Contributor
Contributor

Well they may have been told not to admit it was their fault to limit possible legal ramifications.   But I would, based on what is written here, bet it was.   After a lot of mucking around I uploaded a photo of my licence.   It is a bit of a security risk IMHO, but not a big one - after all they have your credit card details.

Thanks

Bill

Login to Me Too

wrolfe
Contributor
Contributor

Now I have been asked to 'screenshot' and explanation in notepad, and upload that instead of the receipt I don't have...but...the resolution center does not accept my file upload citing wrong file format, although I certainly trying to submit both a jpeg and gif (neither work).

Login to Me Too

intersite
Contributor
Contributor
try using Paint or any image application and type in the text then save as a Png image and upload that
Login to Me Too

wrolfe
Contributor
Contributor

Converted my jpg to a PDF - that seemed to work, now to wait 3 to 5 business days to see what happens next!

Login to Me Too

bhobba
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

This has been posted:

Hello there! Thank you for contacting PayPal. Sorry to know that your account is limited. We are currently experiencing a known issue related to certain limitations placed on accounts. Our system is automatically reviewing and removing the affected limitations within the next 24-48 hours. If your limitation is not removed within the next 48 hours, please follow the steps in the resolution center to resolve the account issues. Thank you!

Thanks

Bill

Login to Me Too

intersite
Contributor
Contributor

It was all just an exercise in getting us to submit proof of ID 🙂

Login to Me Too

bhobba
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe - but mine has now been restored.   Hours and hours of mucking around for whatever reason.   Managed by a cretin who should be sacked and required to wear a sign - Employ at own risk.

Thanks

Bill

Login to Me Too

intersite
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the Supplier Invoice nonsense and sending up an image / dummy.

My account is now restored. 

I created a PNG image that just had text stating im not a business and the request to send a supplier invoice is irrelevant based on my account type and asking that my account be restored asap.

about 2 hours later ive now got my account back.  Nightmare!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.