Account Limited - am unable to provide some of the requested information

SandaUE
New Community Member

So, I created my account probably less than a week ago. Everything was going smoothly, until I attempted to make a purchase today, and discovered my account has been limited (without any reason, literally none).

I've been requested to submit Photo ID & Proof of residence. I had no issues with the first one, however, out of the options for proving my residence - there's none that I can do.

Most of the options are bills and such, but the problem with that is that I still live with my parents, and they still cover my phone bill and so forth, so the bills are in their names(+ we pay our bills online, therefore haven't received any paper bills in years) . I have no bank or credit card statements, not to mention a business that has registration details (whatever that may even mean). 

So, now I'm lost. I have no clue how to complete removing the limitation, therefore - no clue how to get access to my account back.

This is devastating to me, since i have some important purchases that I have to make as soon as possible, and now I have no way of doing that. Does anybody have any clue how I can go about resolving this? 

I have contacted customer support, but I think we all know how long that usually takes.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi SandaUE and welcome, 

I am sorry to hear that your account has been limited and that you are having trouble providing the requested documents. If we have requested you to provide proof of address then we would need to receive this. It is understandable that not everyone has utility bills in their name this is why we also accept bank or credit card statements. If you do not get paper statements for your bank or card account then you can go online and screenshot them and send them to us. You will need to ensure that we can see your name, address and the date on the document. In regards to the business registration details that you mention we requested, you must have your account registered as a business in order for us to request this. If you are not a business please request that your account is downgraded to a personal account, this will help with this step. 

I hope this helps answer your questions, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.