Account Limited, Yet being overseen?

IrikkusuKaito
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm 16 and I set up a PayPal with my dad, who is 53. I wanted to use full access so I submitted some documents, to find that my account was limited the next day. While I am not 18, it was my father who consented and signed the contract to oversee the account I am using, can I use this information to unlock my account in the near future with customer support? It was likely just a misunderstanding as, Just sending documents I own myself can cause some straightforward thoughts.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi IrikkusuKaito, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and Welcome as a new member! 

You must  be over the age of 18 to operate a PayPal account. This is a legal requirement, and cannot be overridden. Parental consent is not considered for underage users. If your father would like to use PayPal, he can create his own account, and all responsibility of the account will be held by your father. Please wait until you are 18 to use PayPal. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.