Account Limited, Unable to resolve.

AnarchyX
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there! I am making this post in regards to my personal paypal account that I made many years ago. 

My account is currently limited/restricted, and there are no options to fix this in the dispute center, instead it just says that I should refer to the User Agreements, and I won't be offered services anymore.

My account was restricted because I made it when I was 16 years old, or around that time. I was underage and wasn't aware that I needed to be 18 years old to own a paypal account, however I am now 21, and would love to use the services now that I am of legal age. It was to my understanding that when I came to be of legal age, my restriction would be lifted. I've already linked my debit card and bank account to this account -BEFORE- I knew it was still restricted, as i just found out when I went to make a recent purchase.

This of course means that no matter what I do, I will not be able to use paypal because my name and debit card is already linked to this restricted account.

Is there anyway I can have this restriction lifted by providing my proof of age? I'd no issue submitting photo ID, etc. 

I'd love to use the services now, and I do feel it is a bit cruel that my use of this platform is permanently restricted because of a dumb decision I made when I was 16. 🙂

Thanks and best regards everybody! ❤️

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

AnarchyX
Contributor
Contributor

Oh! and I should mention I have tried to contact customer support, however the lines are currently closed due to COVID-19, so I am a bit unsure of what to do or how I can resolve this at the moment.

Login to Me Too

lohagan
Contributor
Contributor

Have you been able to resolve this ? I have the same problem. They told me to upload the required documents but then I can't because I get a message saying that I can't use my account anymore 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.