Account Limited Permanently for no reason

Synergize1
Contributor
Contributor

guys I need some advice, today paypal sent me an email that my account has been permanently limited due to my account being created with fraudulent or stolen information??? I’ve been using my account for a while and how could my own information that belongs to me and me alone be fraudulent or stolen? they want to hold my balance of $2000 for 6 months until I can withdraw it? this is completely false and a joke the only ones being fraudulent are paypal in this situation basically banning me without a reason!! I’m outraged and any support would be appreciated this is **bleep** up

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

lettz
Contributor
Contributor
mine was too. they refer me to their terms and conditions but don't specifically give me a reason other than what they sent to you. they're holding my funds as well.! where can i write to paypal via u.s. mail?
Login to Me Too

Synergize1
Contributor
Contributor
My account has been restored! Advice for anyone who was in this situation and was innocent like me! don’t go to phone support, sadly the support on that was disappointing for this situation for me, go on Twitter and direct message @askpaypal, they are the ones who helped me out in this situation and will review it!
Login to Me Too

DonutBoi
New Community Member

How long did it take for them to restore it? I messaged them yesterday and they said that they will "escalate the issue to the relevant team to check things out". I haven't gotten a response back yet. 

Login to Me Too

Tony2493
Contributor
Contributor
I am going through the same situation right now. I have been using PayPal for almost a year for my business. Beginning of the year my sales increased and they wanted information every information I provided was help from the customer service . At the time i was told to provide a website but my website was under construction now I am provinfiny the information to show them it’s a misunderstanding but won’t reply to release my funds. Any advice?
Login to Me Too

lettz
Contributor
Contributor
hello, did you get a response? I've tried contacting PayPal through twitter like he said and have received no response from them.
Login to Me Too

Tony2493
Contributor
Contributor
I am the in the same situation I am online teacher and they’re holding 56,000 right now. They’re hurting my business right now everything I provided to their questions was help from the customer service can’t get in touch with anyone
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.