Account Limitations

Dblj0723

When I opened my PayPal account I did it through a GoDaddy website.  Somehow, autofill used my wife's name instead of mine.  I would think this would be a common accident.  I tried uploading my documents to lift account limitations and it keeps getting rejected.  I'm running a youth flag football league and I need to purchase jerseys with the money that is in the PayPal account.  They said that I can request a name change by uploading documents showing I'm the account owner, I did that, and they still rejected them even though I showed my SS Card, Business card with the email and phone number associated with the account and my driver's license.  Then they said to close out the account and open a new one, and the funds would go to the primary bank account on file.  They limitations are allowing me to transfer the funds, so I couldn't even close the account.

Yesterday they told me that I should upload documents from my wife which I did this morning, but I don't understand how they won't change the name given the 'evidence' that I showed them that it was my account.  How does it make sense that they won't change the name, but now if I upload her documents, they are going to lift the restrictions even though her SSN doesn't match the account.  

Am I just **bleep** here, or is there a chance that the limitation will be lifted?  I really need to get field equipment and jerseys ordered, with 3 weeks left until the season.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.