Account Limitations

babyslime
New Community Member

i made an account when i was 14 (2015). i had to verify my account by showing my ssc, ID and address. i was was told April 22, 2019 that my account was restricted because i wasn’t 18, then i was told when i turned 18, to come back so they can help get my account back up and running. i turned 18 August 5, 2019 and i still have yet to get help, everytime i call, they say i can’t use their services anymore then when i email, it sends me the same message everytime. i don’t understand why i was told i’ll be able to get help if this was going to be the outcome. can someone help me and tell me what i should do from here?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@babyslime 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your account back BUT at 18 paypal may give you permission to open a new one.

As they don't like folks breaking their rules that is not a certainty.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.