Account Limitations

Leah_dd
New Community Member

Hey! So I've not had my account for especially long and have been using it for some online shopping here and there, including buying online currency. Out of the blue today I got some donations from my friends through Kofi (I'm a small time streamer) and apparently PayPal weren't happy with that and so they've limited my account and are now asking for proof of transactions relating to selling items/ supplying products to customers and I'm at a loss as what to put. Any way I've tried to explain it has resulted in a denial with no further explanation. I haven't used my PayPal for anything relating to commissions or selling and buying, anything like that has been done with other services and so I really am at a loss. They're asking for proof of transactions that don't exist, and when I've shown them the real transactions regarding the purchase of videogames and such, it's been denied. Also can't close the account or anything, so any money on that account is being held hostage. Help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

lakester
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same case a few days ago. I tried uploading my eBay purchases on the account limitations page and in a few minutes I get an email saying the documents I uploaded were insufficient. I contacted PayPal customer service through message center and sent them the proof of my purchases from eBay, then after 2-3 days they were able to remove my account limitation.

Note: My PayPal account was already fully verified before PayPal suddenly limited it, not sure if it makes a difference with unverified accounts except for no transaction limits.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.