Account Limitations

tewsbury
New Community Member

I have been trying to resolve an account limitation for over a month.  

I have gone thru various chats with no resolution.  I've sent various documents on line to resolve our current address.  One was a bank statement and the chat person said it came thru in Japanese (totally unacceptable response).  I've called the phone number and left a call back number only to get a return call and put on hold for over 30 minutes with a hangup.

I need to speak to a manager and don't know how to resolve this issue.

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

VJewell50
Contributor
Contributor

wow i'm having the same problem. I was told today that they have 6 months to verify your account and let you have your money. And all I was asking for was the release of the money I spent mailing the first game I sold. very stupid if you ask me. And the reason they can't verify my account is I don't have receipts datied the last 6 months for video games I bought over 20 years ago.

Login to Me Too

I'm having the same issue. This seems unethical and really unfortunate! I made this account to sell one thing on eBay because I really needed the extra money for bills and now I can't even access it...pp1.pngpp2.pngpp3.png

Login to Me Too

cate123
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same issue. I called them many times already and still got no good result. My account is limited for a month now. First time I called them, they said other 24 to 48 hours... Then I called again then the guy said, minimum 7 days no guarantee. Then, next time I spoke to someone, she said it takes 30 days for review... I called them many times aside from the time that I am able to get in touch with someone and most of the time, I wait for at least an hour... I told them it's affecting my business and they said "oh you can still send invoices to your clients"  for what, so that PayPal can keep more of money...? i have more than $1,500 stuck with PayPal already... very very frustrating... and their messenger service, just a stupid bot.. this is so frustrating for a very big company, they have very slow people... 

Login to Me Too

-leen_Az-
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same problem and I have tried to email and make a phone call but was put through a long wait. Help!
Login to Me Too

how to restore my access account

Login to Me Too

Jara-villeta
Same here
Login to Me Too

Beyondangry
Contributor
Contributor

I am yet another in a long list of victims of Paypal and their illegal practice of limiting my account and holding on to my money. I am a micro business, I have completed a ridiculous amount of forms, emails, telephone calls where no one is of any use, sent them my marriage certificate for gods sake and that still apparently isn't good enough. Even if I turned up on their doorstep with a DNA test I don't think they would believe me. I am BEYOND ANGRY! I have now been waiting 155 days for my money and still no information. I have complained to the Ombudsman, I have emailed every single person in Paypal but still not received an answer and now a huge corporation can't operate their customer services from home because of Covid? Well why are the rest of us working from home and trying to keep the economy afloat not helped by Paypal WHO WON'T GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

fansportvn
  • I have provided all personal information and sales invoices, product links that I sell, including the shipping waybill number. More than 2 weeks have passed and I still have not received any response from paypal. The service of a big company in the world but very bad. If not resolved quickly, I will switch to another electronic wallet
Login to Me Too

Madasheck3
Contributor
Contributor
Have you gotten this settled yet??? Your post mad me sick to my stomach bc they have my money from the state. Over $3500 I got fro the state to help me and my kids thru COVID. And now my kids have missed denial appointments and I’m getting late fees on my bills. I NEVER wld have opened an account or used them for direct deposit had I known any of this. I don’t even sell anything thru them. I’m just sick about this and my kids and I cld end up homeless and there is nothing I can do...
Login to Me Too

Beyondangry
Contributor
Contributor

This has still not been resolved. I have now been emailing them every week and every time I get a response it is the same boring canned email answer. I am so angry about it. They claim it is all my fault and that they need me to re-submit all my documents again but I have done this 5 times and I have only now found out what they really want. So, no in a nutshell I still don't have my money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.