Account Limitations

tewsbury
New Community Member

I have been trying to resolve an account limitation for over a month.  

I have gone thru various chats with no resolution.  I've sent various documents on line to resolve our current address.  One was a bank statement and the chat person said it came thru in Japanese (totally unacceptable response).  I've called the phone number and left a call back number only to get a return call and put on hold for over 30 minutes with a hangup.

I need to speak to a manager and don't know how to resolve this issue.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tewsbury

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tewsbury

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sneeze

This does not work. I have been a long long customer of Paypal, many years, I was told that my money will be tied up for 180 days. It's a lot of money. I need it. I sell music through DISCOGS. Everything has been put on hold and now I'm losing sales. I just want my money so I can move on, find another way to receive payments from buyers.

Login to Me Too

Karilyn3
Contributor
Contributor

i am left to assum you have yet to experience Paypal taking your money because if you had, you would not be advising anyone in this predicament to call customer service. I called for 9 straight days, left on hold for up to an hour on each call only to come away empty handed. calling customer service gets you no where. bottom line, paypal has monopolized the payment struction on Ebay EVEN THOUGH both Paypal & Ebay claim they are not affiliated! We really need to lash out at Ebay as well as they have allowed this to happen. 

I think every seller who has ever had their accounts frozen should unite & file a class action suit against both paypal & ebay. They get their money, Paypal taking it right from the initial payment. Ebay still gets theirs but as sellers we  RIPPED OFF BY PAYPAL.  They take OUR money & invest it for a nice payoff, leaving us with empty pockets, no food on the table etc.

THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! SELLERS SHOULD BE PROTECTED BY THIS TYPE OF FROM A HUGE CORPORATION LIKE PAYPAL.

I SAY DON'T CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE, FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST BOTH PAYPAL & EBAY.  AND IN THAT SUIT, EVERYONE SHOULD THEIR MONEY BACK ALONG WITH INTEREST & AN ALLOTMENT AMOUNT FOR THE SUFFERING IT HAS CAUSED IN OUR LIVES!

Login to Me Too

julia_lee30
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone tried filing with the BBB? Any feedback on that?

I'm thinking of doing this since filing a law suit wouldn't work for me (I'm in the Philippines)

Login to Me Too

Karilyn3
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! FILE,,,,PLEASE. ALL SELLERS WITH ACCOUNT LIMITATIONS OR W FROZEN ACCOUNTS PLEASE FILE WITH BBB

Login to Me Too

julia_lee30
Contributor
Contributor

Just filed with BBB 🙂 hopefully they can out some pressure on PayPal to stop holding funds for so long!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julia_lee30 

BBB can't 'force' a company to do anything.

Nearly always they just pass on your complaint and paypal post an answer as to why they have held your funds and the legality of it.

The BBB just offer arbitration.

Nearly all the 'comments / complaints' on paypal on their site are explaining why they have acted as they have done and pointing you to their user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

julia_lee30
Contributor
Contributor

True, but at least I got a response from PayPal after filing - the BBB does put some pressure on so it's something 🙂

Login to Me Too

Veryangry1111
Contributor
Contributor
What is BBB ??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.