Account Limitations task - Confirm Your Identity - Not listing Questions

Wolfeyes4269
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently have had an account limitation placed on my PP account. I have completed all of the tasks except 2 but both have unique issues and won't even let me attempt to confirm. These are the tasks that I will list with the issues..

1 - Confirm Your Identity - I was told this task would be completed by answering questions about my past which should've been easy enough.

Issue: When I click Resolve to attempt to complete the task no questions are even listed. It instantly jumps to a screen that says "Confirmation Attempt Failed" and underneath says "Try again if you're having problems with the confirmation process." However every single time I attempt to get into it, over the last 3 days, it says the same thing. Its frustrating because I've complied with everything and now I'm stuck due to an issue that must be on Paypals end. In the email I was sent by PP that states

"We're sorry, but we cannot restore full access to your account until we receive additional information. Please provide a copy of each of the following items:
- Your driver's license or passport. Please make the copy as large and as light as possible."

However I already supplied a drivers license photo for a step, and an agent I spoke with said it was perfect. So is the email wrong? Because the email also also states that I should'nt respond to the email so if I already sent PP my ID photo, and can't respond to the email, who am I providing with the ID this 2nd time?

2 - Change/Update Your Password

Issue: Everytime I try to complete this task it keeps saying "Check your current password." and won't let me complete. I am positive I am not typing anything in wrong because I repeatedly use the PW everyday to log in and even Copied and Pasted just to make sure I wasn't accidentally having a typo all 20+ times I tried to complete the task. Why is it not allowing me to complete this task?

This is all super frustrating because these COVID times has placed a straight jacked on me financially and I can't access anything on this account and every day is another tightening of the straight jacket. 

I hope this can be resolved ASAP. 

Thank you, 

John <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Fstora
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue. Just opened a thread on it as well: 
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Account-LIMITED-during-COVID-No-Support... 

The Confirm identity option disappeared after the automated window jump but I think that I confirmed my Identity via one of the other options. Still can't go through the password thing tho. Did you manage to fix this? How can we deal with this? I feel scammed and I'm going to starve because of this as all my funds are in PayPal. Can't believe that they are doing this during a pandemic. Such an awful experience, where's the goddamn Customer Support? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.