Account Limitations due to name mismatch. Please help URGENT

LakisAg
Contributor
Contributor

Dear friends

I have a big problem with my account because when I first created my account I used a shortened first name instead of my full first name. When Paypal asked for verification, I sent them my National ID where it's my full name and they see it as a name mismatch. My account is limited and also I cannot remove my credit card.

So I cannot use my Paypal account, I cannot change my name because they say that my national ID is the wrong document because of the name and also I cannot remove my card to make a new account with it.

Any solution please??

I need to use my account URGENTLY and Paypal is not answering my emails.

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jown10
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @LakisAg Thank you for communicating with us. I understand how this could be an issue for you. Please click the link for more information on how to remove account limitation. https://www.paypal.com/cy/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-remove-a-limitation-from-my-account-faq2189?app... I hope this helps. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

LakisAg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your time for replying to me, I have tried to find a solution through the link you provided to me but unfortunately there is not any way to contact PayPal and explain to them that I need to change my PayPal account name.

The problem is that I used a shortened first name when creating my PP account and now when they ask for account verification and see my full name on my National ID they say that's a name mismatch. Please help me how to solve this problem. I just need to correct my name. PayPal is not replying to my emails.

I do not know what to do. Please advise.

Thanks a lot for your kind help and you also STAY SAFE!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.