Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Re: Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

same problem copy past 

Hi,

My account has been limited for probably a week now, I've lost track of when I first noticed. 

I've uploaded docs and answered questions but have not had any further communications from Paypal other than the annoying automated replies to emails. I think customer service has disappeared here.

At least I don't appear to be the only one... but its beyond a joke how long this is taking! 

I'm getting very frustrated as I have funds (over £100) I can't access and payments bouncing because I have paypal set as a default payment for things like Netflix and PSN. 

So it's making my week hell and all I seem to get are automated responses and not real people. 

Sorry to rant, but I've had enough this week, and it's only Tuesday! 

If paypal wasn't so integral to my ebay etc I think I'd go somewhere else.... not that there is another option I know of!

Can I charge Paypal for my missed payments? I think not.

Can I charge Paypal for missed ebay purchases? I doubt it. 

Can I charge Paypal for lost interest or theft of my money? Hmmm.... 

Very very annoyed. 

Contributor

Try the Facebook page ask to speak to an agent
They are quicker than waiting for reply mails

OK, so yesterday I had my PayPal account limited, went through the same ordeal of submitting proof of address and proof of indentification documents, I received automated emails that the documents were not accepted, submitted more documents, same automated email reply that documents were not accepted, used contact us email to ask for advise, all of a sudden my password was no longer working, renewed my password, submitted a 0 feedback as I was not happy the way things were going, then stumbled upon this community and read all the horror stories and as I had no confirmation whether my submitted documents were now in good order, I then proceeded to call the local PayPal helpdesk, got a friendly and helpful helpdesk operator, who checked my documents and confirmed they were in good order, and then 15 minutes later, poof, the account restriction was lifted.

tldr;my account was restricted, I submitted documents, I submitted more documents, I contacted PayPal by Phone and soon after, things are back to normal, all within 24hrs.

Tags (1)

Honestly unintentionally gave good advice. I decided to call them and tell them about my situation about my ID still being under review, and they said to send a clearer picture of my ID card, and then they'd check it out the second they get it. It seems like there's hope after all. 

a theory that is easily rewritten according to the one in the help center. in fact it is not as good as written. the account cannot be used, but still can continue to receive money.

Contributor

Hello Mark,

I got my personal account limited (newly created) due issues with other accounts,

I called and said hey my other account has no issues (business one) now the business one got limited (big lol for me linking my business account),

apparently someone made an account with my info and causing me all this trouble (3rd unknown account), CS are not helping.

how to fix this?

I have no idea why my account has been limited. And i can't also use withdraw money on my account so i decided to refunded the payment with the account owner. Please let me know about the trouble and how to restore and get back in normal so i can use it again. Thank you!
Tags (1)

Change the 2 business days to 2 business months (and more!) to the time you need to remove the limitation to be more accurate
New Community Member

Yeah 2 years sometimes.. Better we go to their office, it is never good idea to deal with known company who does not offer physical office ! They will just bail on their own conditions when they like to. It is just unprofessional that they have this ungodly timeframe and they should be dealt with firmly as per the laws they try to manipulate