Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Highlighted
Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Re: Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Yes, this seems like it was some kind of system error as Paypal has suggested.  It still makes me suspicious though, that perhaps they are just trying to collect more personal info for whatever reason.  I gave them my license and a utility bill and my account was restored the next day.  I did not upload anything to the "receipt from supplier" request, as other forum users had suggested I do.  I'm not a seller so that didn't apply.

I used paypal frequently to send funds to my roommate so he can do the grocery shopping.  That's really all I use paypal for except for the odd independent software or service purchase here and there where the merchant only takes paypal.  It's not even necessary to usePayPal on EBay any more, for the most part.

In the time that I couldn't access my paypal account, my roommate and I set up <a competing service> and that worked just fine.  (And with much lower fees, I should add!)

Not to digress too much here, but when the whole Sargon of Akaad scandal happened I vowed not to use Paypal any more.  For the record I don't support almost anything that guy stands for, but I found PayPal's "response" to be quite un-American.

Long story short I started using Paypal again because it was just the easiest way to send money to friends and family.  After this fiasco, I won't be using it anymore unless it's really the only option.  I think I've given these jokers enough of my money in fees over the last almost-two-decades.

Vote with your wallet.  Paypal is not the monopoly people think it is.  There are plenty of competitors.  Heck, even EBay dropped them!

I'm getting older, and quite frankly I just don't have the time to waste on nonsense like this anymore.  Life's too short.

Highlighted

I have been on the phone waiting for 3 hours 45 minutes. Paypal sucks

Highlighted
Contributor

Mines just been restored, hang in there 🙂 The reason the message centre gave was ''Due to a technical upgrade, there is an ongoing issue from our end this is the reason the account got limited. You will not be able to use the PayPal account or transact for the next couple of hours. We are aware of the issue, the root cause has been identified and is in the process of being fixed''
Highlighted
Anonymous_User
Not applicable

They posted that far too late.  Their incident response is lackluster at best.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,

How do you talk to their live agent by phone call? I am trying to contact their support team and the automatic system said that the office closed due to covid-19 pandemic and no agent are able to handle the call, then call ended automatically. Could you provide me more detail on this? Like what number you called to solve your issue.

Thank you 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor

So what about the rest of us who have to be without the “convenience” of that little email??? I have thousands of dollars tied up in this stupid company for close to 6 months now!!!
Highlighted
Contributor

So today I have had limitations placed on my PayPal account! Iv never opened a business account and yet ots saying im a business?! I have no money in my bank account only PayPal as I sold a few things over Facebook and ebay as I have no money! And now I can't withdraw that to my bank account! I have 5 children and no money! Iv tried ringing yet no one is answering I just get the automated message "we can't help you at this time" and cuts off! Its asking me to send proof of business registration number! What the hell is that! I dont even have a business! It stated i opened my PayPal account in 1970....I want born until 1987!!! Is there anyway I can get my account back to a personal account? Or how the hell do I get my money? Its only £127 but iv got no money what so ever in my bank account!
Highlighted
Contributor

Mine was restored, the quickest way to resolve the issue is to submit the the information they are looking for . I am not a seller or merchant. I gave them a copy of a receipt for something I purchased via PayPal and a copy of drivers license, it seemed to suffice. I also opened a conversation with the automated message system, stating my problem. It took about 24hrs to resolve. Don’t bother calling- they won’t answer! Good luck , hope that helps !
Highlighted
Contributor

My account has been limited too 😞 and when i gave informations unfortunately i dont have one, i dont have a bank accout nor an active one, i only transfer my funds thru GCASH or Mobile wallet 😞 please help
Highlighted
Contributor

If your account had limitations from 8/9 October 2020, then this is related: 

The solution here was nothing to do with users submitting evidence or not. 

This seems to have been a mass glitch by Paypal, which (as I said on the top of my main thread in the original post) was rectified by Paypal within 24hours during Sat.10.Oct.2020, when they removed the limitations from accounts for all users that were affected by the bug. 

Hopefully that's now the end of the issue for users affected by this particular issue. 🙄 

If not, then you may have to either submit the evidence Paypal has asked for, or otherwise contact Paypal directly for help.

(Note: contact is likely best done via messaging them from your account page, rather than attempting to phone, due to Covid-19 staffing issues.)