cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

New Community Member

Re: Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

I cannot believe this **bleep**. they limited my account saying they wanted to verify my ID (which they did last year to me also). Now I cannot print labels for items I have sold on ebay. I responded to their bogus "verify ID and make sure I'm not a member of parliament WTF" within 10 minutes. I uploaded my GOVERNMENT ISSUED DRIVERS LICENSE and their response is that my drivers license cannot be used as VALID PROOF OF ADDRESS. ARE you **bleep** serious? ITS GOVERNMENT ISSUED! WHAT KIND OF IDIOTS WORK AT PAYPAL? The DL has a photo, date of birth, ADDRESS, Unique identifiers but it's not good enough. I am so sick of Paypal **bleep**.

Contributor

send them a utility bill as proof of address within the last 6 months or so

the driving licence is photo I.D only

utility bills are proof af address

just been through all of this as i didn't have any photo I.D at all

had to send a photo of my birth certificate and a government letter i used a tax form i luckily found

this went on for nearly 2 months back and forth

try the facebook page mate i got more help through messenger than straight dealing with paypal

good luck

@davidms12 wrote:

I cannot believe this **bleep**. they limited my account saying they wanted to verify my ID (which they did last year to me also). Now I cannot print labels for items I have sold on ebay. I responded to their bogus "verify ID and make sure I'm not a member of parliament WTF" within 10 minutes. I uploaded my GOVERNMENT ISSUED DRIVERS LICENSE and their response is that my drivers license cannot be used as VALID PROOF OF ADDRESS. ARE you **bleep** serious? ITS GOVERNMENT ISSUED! WHAT KIND OF IDIOTS WORK AT PAYPAL? The DL has a photo, date of birth, ADDRESS, Unique identifiers but it's not good enough. I am so sick of Paypal **bleep**.

New Community Member

Can I get some guidance on what they actually accept?  I've submitted a copy of my passport and a letter from my utility company, but the letter from the utility company got turned down as a partial document.  I've now submitted my bank statement, but just the first page.  I'm not expected to give them the whole thing right?

I really don't like that they just reject it with a form answer without saying what's actually wrong. Was my thumb in the way?  Did you need to see the edges of the letter?  Literally, if it has my name and address on it, and you can clearly read them, what's the issue?

Contributor

they usually ask for both sides of the bill 

any logos must be fully visible too

its a right pain i sent about 9 different things each getting a no good reply

good luck

@temp20180723a wrote:

Can I get some guidance on what they actually accept?  I've submitted a copy of my passport and a letter from my utility company, but the letter from the utility company got turned down as a partial document.  I've now submitted my bank statement, but just the first page.  I'm not expected to give them the whole thing right?

I really don't like that they just reject it with a form answer without saying what's actually wrong. Was my thumb in the way?  Did you need to see the edges of the letter?  Literally, if it has my name and address on it, and you can clearly read them, what's the issue?

New Community Member

Thanks DLT.  If they'd told me what they required, this would have been sorted first time!

I've over 350.00 in my account they limited it. Bunch of robbing bast#ards I want my Money. Your Killing my business and my ebay sales.

What one needs to know is that PayPal is the business partner from hell. They will lie cheat and steal your money.  

Constant run around. if you get a " your funds are ready for withdrawal " after the redicuously long 180 days they hold funds, don't count on it!

All the withdrAwal and edit account info remains locked. This is just another attempt to probe your info. Paypal is the most notorious banking crook in the business

Tags (1)
New Community Member

Got my account limited today. I occasionally buy stuff from eBay with my PayPal account. Now they ask me for my passport scan and etc. I'll just start buying from AliExpress and alike. I did not have any funds on my PayPal account. Sucks, because it's very untimely, I plan my wedding, and wanted to buy some minor stuff, which is not available locally.

I'm not even sure if it's legally sound, because I'm not a US citizen. And what's the point of this step, while they have my banking info already. I've only encountered this kind of "treatment" on shady betting/poker/bitcoin websites, which I stay away from.

Anyway, will not use paypal anymore, unless there's some holy grail selling on eBay which I will absolutely need.

I advise for everyone to do the same I guess.

New Community Member

My personal account has been limited. I had recently moved so uploaded a scan of the letter provided by the transport authority as I didn't have the sticker to update my licence at the time. Paypal emailed to tell me that I needed to upload the back of my licence. I can now do that however in my resolution centre the section where I need to re-sumbit proof of my address is still greyed out and it says "submitted for review". i need Paypal to reset this so that I can do it again. 

Is there another section where i can upload new information? Or do i have to wait for Paypal to update my account so that I can fix it? 

I have messaged Paypal and they have been unhelpful and told me to go through the process again, which is impossible as outlined above. 

How do i get around this and supply the back of my licence?

Contributor

try their Facebook page and message them on there

they are quicker than going through e mail to Patpal

i found them helpful so give them a try