cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Contributor

Re: Account Limited after request withdraw

Call them. They'll release your money. They may give you a little tough time but legally they have to, at most, release it within 30 days. If you want to escalate the issue because they're not cooperating go to your state small claims court.

only for $ 20 from small jobs must be through a local court?

which local court wants to do that.

the funniest joke in cyberspace

New Community Member

Good luck trying to find any PayPal staff they only seem to have robots.

Contributor

they do on facebook just request a agent

i argued with the robot and it responded would you like to talk to an agent

then someone came on and i talked to them

they were helpful

@TurningJohn wrote:

Good luck trying to find any PayPal staff they only seem to have robots.

The exact same thing just happened to me. Nobody's explaining what I did wrong. https://www.paypal.com/disputes/?restoreaccount=true shows no open case or any indication I'm being reported for violation.
Tags (2)
New Community Member

podo ae brow...

Re: Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Agree with the whole concept and reasoning behind limitations and happy to provide evidence, however I'm not a business so can't provide evidence I'm just selling unwanted goods from home. How do I resolve this PayPal give scripted answers on phone and email and aren't responding to my dm on Twitter.

I provided all the necessary documents and it's been 3 weeks already and nothing happens
http://prntscr.com/jk811h

Contributor

It's official. PayPal is a scam. No not the scam/spoof emails. The actual company is an all-out SCAM!
Anonymous_User
Not applicable

paypal forum pic1.png

I hope you are wrong on this. But surely paypal operates as a bank, so the FSA should have some form of control over paypal, such as not being able to permanently limit an account and hold funds for 1 month let alone 6 months, This is not a twitter account or some online account they hold actual funds. Paypal is licenced as a bank in the EU and the UK is a current member of the EU.

When I am not receiving funds, I also pay other sellers via paypal and frankly I do appreciate the form of protection paypal provides as a buyer, but as a sellers it seems to be a completely different rule. Its almost impossible to shop online without paypal, it's a worrying monopoly.

I have to pay my ebay monthly final value fees, accrued from my total sale for May 2018, ebay is set to automatically withdraw funds from my connected paypal account between 30 May 2018 - 1 June 2018. Paypal has at their sole discretion limited my account on 26th may 2018 and I can't pay ebay. So I'll also lose my ebay account.

Does anyone think this is right? I have all proof of purchase of the said items and also the manufacturers number / UPC number to show it's genuinity, should they require it, they've been attempting to **bleep** me over for a long time, I should have known and withdrew all my funds well on time. I kept getting error status on my account, including being unable to send money, I called in on more than one occasion and the problems were resolved.

Lately within the week gone past, I received some odd payment, on two occasions before my account became limited, I was paid by two of my customers and their fund were marked by paypal as 'payment received but fund currently unavailable' the availability date on paypal came up as '1st of January 1970'. I already have a screenshot of this as proof, which I have uploaded here, I rubbed out the customer's name for privacy reason.

This was an alarm bell, I rang up paypal customer service to ask if it was ok to ship these items to the buyer, he was a really nice fella by the name of John and he said yes, I should and to upload a tracking number as proof of delivery afterwards, to enable this fund to be released into my account on the 3rd day of delivery confirmation, or in one month without a tracking number and no dispute from the buyer.

I promptly did as I was told and uploaded the tracking number to get my money released to me, on the 3rd day of delivery confirmation. I initially added the wrong courier, after my account became limited, I noticed I've added the wrong courier and I corrected this unapparent mistake.

The next day, I received an email from paypal stating this same transaction I rang in to confirm it's safety, has led to my account being permanently limited. Because this item was deemed a violation of paypal acceptable use policy.

A fair company / customer service should have warned me well before hand when I called in without resorting to seizing my fund, and limiting my account. I have also sold this same item before.

This is absurd. An apology from paypal, re-instating my account and making my funds immediately available would be a perfect response from paypal, this is their community forum after all and I'll expect someone from paypal to read my post. Or perhaps it's simply a case of reporting the culprit to the culprit.

All I have got over the past few days in light of my urgent situation, is automated messages from euaup emails. 

This is the worse I have been treated by a company allowed to trade in the UK, it's absolutely appalling behaviour from paypal.

Should I keep getting ignored by paypal and receiving automated email response, I'll take this further to an ombudsman in due course and I'll make use of all the complaint avenue at my disposal including up to claims court.

paypal forum pic1.png