cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Contributor

Re: Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Typical PayPal response, Mark; all generalizations and no specifics. I've received ten email responses and they are all the same form letter variety; nobody answers my specific questions. I've done no selling for years, and after making a few purchases using PayPal Credit a couple of months ago, suddenly my regular PayPal account was limited. I made purchases from Vans, Southwest Airlines and eBay; nothing worthy of a permanent limitation. Every time I call, there's a 45 minute wait to speak to someone. There's nothing in the account resolution or limitation page; no disputes at all. So, PayPal_Mark, what's the real issue as to why my account is limited???

I keep receiving on the right side this message: "There’s a problem with your account. Be sure to resolve it to restore full account access." I uploaded my ID card and all the required documents and the limitations are still there. I'm starting to be worried and I would be glad if someone could help me, because I don't know how to make the limitations go away.
Thank you! 

Contributor

They have the worse and i mean absolute WORSE support & customer service i have ever encountered.

Tried using all means available (emails, calls, community, resolution centers etc)  to resolve my limitation issues and always met with generic reply asking me to send additional supporting document. After sending the additional supporting document, there was no further reply or respond from their team. Even after numerous follow up, there seemed to be no reply from the original email sender.

When i call in for help, they ask me to start the whole process again of sending verification documents? After sending in the document again no feedback, reply or any form of acknowledgement. Garbage company, do they even care about their customer ? I have send in complains email, provided survey feedback, but i doubt anyone is reading it.

Contributor

To update on my earlier post, limitation on my account was remove 2 days after i posted the above mentioned posting. They finally reviewed the document i send in.

Not sure if it's a coincidence or someone from the community has actually helped on this.

Just created my account recently, looking at this thread it seems like everyone has a horror story to tell. I wonder how long will Paypal take to review documents submitted…

Reference ID: PP-L-211035742631

Contributor

I called PayPal to ask why my account was limited; after he looked up my account, I was told that I had to write a letter to the legal department in San Jose in order to find out why. I have not written that letter yet; it's useless; I will get back a generic legal response without specifics. 

However, I recently found out that numerous accounts in the Philippines have also been limited and anyone with connections to those Filipinos also had their accounts limited. I find that highly discriminatory, and question the legality of PayPal's actions.

Contributor

That would make sense in my case, where I was banned within an hour of writing them my unfiltered opinion of them and their crap process...I was banned .  So whoever read my message (pretty sure was a Philippino ) decided to make me pay for my rude yet justified comments .