cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Contributor

Re: Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

This doesn't help at all due to there NEVER being any "tasks" to complete. My account is a personal account at that.

Hello you have permanently banned me from using PayPal without going thru your steps that you show you follow here on your site.

I did not get an opportunity to even know there was a problem . I woke up and got a nasty note saying I could no longer use your services because I  

violated your use policy . I have no idea what I violated.  You say on your site that you have a resolution center and we get to go in and find out if our account has been compromised or hacked you have not even given me a chance to find out what the heck is going on I do not sell anything.

I had some online company rip me off a month ago and now you are banning me  permanently and not even letting me find out what it is all about this is very unfair at not a very nice way to run a business. The least you should do is follow your own steps that you state you give your customers before 

making a final determination . You are not the law . You have your facts wrong.

Contributor

i need to help 

I have also the same issue. Please help me how to resolve this. May be this issue is due to as I have created another PayPal account. I accept my mistake. I request you to please resolve my issue.
Contributor

My account has been permanently limited. Why? I believe it had to do with me disputing a purchase my credit card told me was a duplicate, and because of that, I've been given the maximum punishment with no chance of overturning if customer service was right (and was very unhelpful for it by just reading from a script and ignoring what I had to say). I used this service for 6 or so years now with no issues and now I'm treated like a criminal. Is there really no way of overturning this? The irrationality of it all makes me think an "anti-fraud" bot did this. I'll provide whatever I need to in order to get my account back.

Hello ryantate335,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I'm afraid we do not know why the account became permanently limited. When our review team permanently limits a PayPal Account it is an evaluation of all the information and payments on the account, along with the risk involved.

-Donna

Contributor

No offense, but that's still very unhelpful to someone in my situation. It's kinda like being given a bill or fine you must pay and nobody can say why (obviously not the same thing, but it's still an extreme thing being done to you for reasons unknown even to the ones doing it). Paypal has a near monopoly on many internet transactions and being locked out of it with little more than a shrug is just disheartening since now I'm locked out of using a major component of the internet. Knowing my main activity with Paypal (buying games on Steam and Humble Bundle) and my great credit score, if I'm too "high risk", then I'd have to disagree. I would write to the legal department, but I just feel like it will be ignored even if my reasons turn out to be legit. Also, I wouldn't know which paperwork to provide outside of trying to explain the circumstances of what made them reconsider me from my end to hopefully show them I'm not engaged in bad behavior.
Contributor

I get this message on my summary page, "You can't send, withdraw, or receive money. Some of your account information is missing, so you can't send, receive or withdraw money right now. Please update your information immediately so you can use your account again as usual. Update Information Now."

When I click Update information now it takes me to a page that asks to update Personal Information, Business Information and Beneficial Owner but none of the EDIT links next to these headings are working!

I have nothing in the Resolution Center.

Contributor

Dear admin;

I am really bothered about the restricted account issue. I have verified KYC. However, it was only recently that I had to authenticate again. I have done and sent mail many times in the help section but did not see a response. Please check back for me
Best regards!

Hi @nguyenthuhien07,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post! Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with a limitation on your account. Usually, this type of block is released once the correct documents have been provided and verified. 

If you are still having difficulties, you may want to reach out to our support team over the phone by clicking 'Contact' at the end of the PayPal web page, or through Facebook or Twitter.

Hope this helps,

Jenny