cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

They have the worse and i mean absolute WORSE support & customer service i have ever encountered.

Tried using all means available (emails, calls, community, resolution centers etc)  to resolve my limitation issues and always met with generic reply asking me to send additional supporting document. After sending the additional supporting document, there was no further reply or respond from their team. Even after numerous follow up, there seemed to be no reply from the original email sender.

When i call in for help, they ask me to start the whole process again of sending verification documents? After sending in the document again no feedback, reply or any form of acknowledgement. Garbage company, do they even care about their customer ? I have send in complains email, provided survey feedback, but i doubt anyone is reading it.

Highlighted
Contributor

To update on my earlier post, limitation on my account was remove 2 days after i posted the above mentioned posting. They finally reviewed the document i send in.

Not sure if it's a coincidence or someone from the community has actually helped on this.

Highlighted
Contributor

Just created my account recently, looking at this thread it seems like everyone has a horror story to tell. I wonder how long will Paypal take to review documents submitted…

Reference ID: PP-L-211035742631

Highlighted
Contributor

We're here with you bro
Highlighted
Contributor

I called PayPal to ask why my account was limited; after he looked up my account, I was told that I had to write a letter to the legal department in San Jose in order to find out why. I have not written that letter yet; it's useless; I will get back a generic legal response without specifics. 

However, I recently found out that numerous accounts in the Philippines have also been limited and anyone with connections to those Filipinos also had their accounts limited. I find that highly discriminatory, and question the legality of PayPal's actions.

Highlighted
Contributor

That would make sense in my case, where I was banned within an hour of writing them my unfiltered opinion of them and their crap process...I was banned .  So whoever read my message (pretty sure was a Philippino ) decided to make me pay for my rude yet justified comments .   

Highlighted
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, called Paypal and asked why they haven't removed limitations after submitting the require documentation and was banned from using Paypal shortly after, now they're holding almost $350 of my funds for 180 days (6 months). Trying to refund my client and now I'm unable to do so. Such poor customer service, extremely dissatisfied with their attitude and service.

Highlighted
Contributor

@PayPal_Jenny 

Not sure if this is the best communication channel to resolve my issue.

I called to customer service, but they ask me to file a dispute on PayPal on compliance matters, but there is no way to file dispute on account limitation.

I had explained my condition in my email sent to compliance-apac @ paypal.com  as well as filling the form on https://www.paypal.com/my/smarthelp/contact-us but never got any reply.

My business cash is now stuck in PayPal for more than a month now and that's really bad.

Can you please help on this? Case ID: PP-009-082-768-835

Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor

@PayPal_Jenny 

My Paypal account has been limited and I can't withdraw money for 180 days. I emailed customer service and they asked me to call them. I called them and they didn't give me any specific reason for what happened. This is very unprofessional, withholding money without giving a specific reason is unacceptable.

Can you please help on this? Reference ID: PP-009-126-554-317

Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor

So I have been a member of Paypal for around 11 years and only a few days ago they limited my account.

I have sent the required information to them but have yet to hear a reply but the problem is I have many members with active subscriptions to my site who are contacting me to ask why they are failing and this would be because during limitation you are not able to do anything with your account other than refund your buyers. Many of my customers have already moved to the alternatives I have set up. Some have even cancelled their Active Subscriptions on Paypal and gone with another processor.

The point is I have around £1000 I am now unable to access due to this awful, and dare I say it, worse than human error algorithm that seems to just limit a companies ability to operate on a whim. After all this is a 12 year business account and was even the account selected when trialing the Paypal Mastercard yet there was no warning given to even prepare for such a move. 

I have sent the information that was requested but have yet to even hear a response acknowledging it was received. Customer service waiting times are around 9 hours which is absolutely ridiculous and suggests this action was taken on quite a few businesses in the last week.

How long does the process take?