Account Limitations (BLOCKED)

Roland1231
Contributor
Contributor

This is very unprofessional that Paypal would block your account without even reaching out to their customers before doing so. Last night I've added another banking account to my Paypal  account so I can use either one, and this morning I've received an email saying that I can no longer use Paypal services, so I called them directly and gentlemen said to send email about the situation and I did, their reply is sorry that they can't reverse the decision they took because I have to many activities (High Risk) even if I have always paid without issues. I have been buying on TOPHATTER which their policies states that if SELLER fails to provide proof of delivery that automatically TOPHATTER will refund you. (I DID NOT MAKE THESE RULES) I have also been buying on WISH and as majority of people buying from WISH experiences issues either WRONG ITEM received or NO ITEM received, and WISH refunds you and again (I DID NOT MAKE THESE RULES). Now has I'm writing this message I just received an email from TOPHATTER and PAYPAL that TOPHATTER as just refunded me for a purchase I did about 60 days ago because seller as fail to provided a proof of delivery. THE WORST THING IS I CANNOT HAVE ACCESS TO THESE FUNDS FOR 180 DAYS (6 months), JUST BECAUSE I'M HIGH RISK. Anyone with same or similar issues with Paypal should contact the MEDIA (News) and file for some compensation of some kind so Paypal can stop doing this. NOTE: also when your account is blocked for 180 days Paypal also keeps your banking information and any credit cards information for this 180 days, after 180 days you still won't be able to close your account because Paypal doesn't let you or their employees do so. (I have proof). Paypal is a company that will make money with you and when they have made enough with you this is exactly what they do. I recommend that if you have some similar issues like me call your credit cards and change your banking accounts so Paypal will not be able to access, and they can keep your info for as long as they want but it will not be available to them in anyways. Hoping this will help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Roland1231 

You are correct that they permanently limit your account instead of closing it.

This is to stop you using that email address or any bank account / cards and being tempted to open another paypal account against their rules.

And paypal does not limit accounts for NO reason, what would be the point? They want you to have and use your paypal account as that is how they make their money, but if you break their rules or have high risk transactions then yes they will limit your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Roland1231 

You are correct that they permanently limit your account instead of closing it.

This is to stop you using that email address or any bank account / cards and being tempted to open another paypal account against their rules.

And paypal does not limit accounts for NO reason, what would be the point? They want you to have and use your paypal account as that is how they make their money, but if you break their rules or have high risk transactions then yes they will limit your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Roland1231
Contributor
Contributor

If per example, you buy on another website and they refund you because the seller fail to provide proof of delivery because this is their policies and I never ask to do so not even a dispute from me, why am I being treated like this? I think because it makes Paypal do more work when you get refunded because they have to process either to credit card or bank account and after a while they get upset and block you. Paypal should give me at least proof of what I did that was so wrong. Thank you

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Roland1231 

I don't think it's because it's too much work to do refunds, etc. Should be automated these days. Could be a thing where PayPal loses money when doing a refund. But even that might not necessarily be the or the only reason for the permanent limitation. This may or may not work with you being in Canada but try opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations to review your account. The limitation could possibly be a misunderstanding/false positive triggered by the security system which won't/can't explain why an account is axed unless a higher up dept takes a look at what happened. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Roland1231
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you I was just about to read the bbb.org site.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.