Account Limitation

samaraweera
New Community Member

My account has been limited. So, How long will it take to restore my account? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @samaraweera 

I hope you are doing fine.

If your PayPal account is limited, go to your Resolution Center for more information on why the limitation was placed and how it can be removed. Once you complete all the required steps, we'll remove the limitation from your account.

There are several reasons why your PayPal account may be limited. Here are some examples:

Unauthorized use: We may limit your PayPal account to protect you from potential losses and review any fraudulent activity if 
-We believe someone accessed your PayPal account without your authorization
-Your bank informs us that someone may have used your card/bank without your consent

Account limits

You reached your sending, receiving or withdrawal limits and haven't yet completed the steps to remove them.

Higher-risk activity

Examples include:
-You received a higher number of claims and charge backs than usual
-You started selling a completely new type of product, such as much higher value items
-Your sales volume rapidly increased, which is out of nature with your usual sales patterns

Inactive account

As an extra security measure, we may also limit your PayPal account if you haven’t used it much since you signed up. To restore access to your account, provide a Proof of Identity (such as copy of your driver's license, national ID card or passport). To upload it, click the notification on your Summary page and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps.Thank you and keep safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.