Account Limitation

Plshelpme11
New Community Member
Hello Community, I am writing here today to see, whether someone can help me further. Following scenario: Having previously lived in the Netherlands I opened and used a PayPal account there. Two years ago I moved to Ireland and was not aware that a PayPal account does not ‘travel’ with me in the EU and I need a new one. A few weeks ago, I have received a transfer from a family member (below EUR 2,500) which got my account limited. PayPal not requested to verify my identity with documents proofing my Dutch address, no older than 12 months. Of course, something I cannot produce. Since then I have been on the phone 7 times, sent an equal amount of support emails with varying degrees of helpful responses. In the meanwhile, I provided, as requested: *Passport *Current Dutch bank statement still showing my old address *Dutch utility bills showing my old address (older than 12 months) *Dutch heating bills showing my old address (older than 12 months) *Current employer verification showing my new address *Current Irish bank statement showing my new address This has been done on both my old, Dutch account and a newly opened Irish account. By now I can use PayPal again, so I at least can pay recurring bills, but my funds are not being released. I have now filed a complaint against PayPal, too. Has anyone an idea what else I can still do to release my funds? Thanks in advance Regards
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.