Account Limitation

katyanovak
New Community Member

Hi,

My name is Katya and my account is limited due to my age, but I have just turned 18 yesterday. How may I resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katyanovak

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18. PayPal asks for a birth date when you register.

While you can manage make a PayPal account with false information, discovery can result in the closing of the account and loss of the funds in it. Because minors can’t enter legal contracts and you were not allowed to have the account in the first place, you won’t have any recourse to get your money back if things go this way.

If you’re not discovered, but you are not able to Verify the account with matching banking information, the account will be subject to the sending and receiving limits. When those limits are reached, your account is locked to further use until you Verify.

Consider what your goals are in the long-term so that you don’t back yourself into a corner.

If you opened the account underage then even if you are of age now Paypal would still limit the account as it was opened when you were underage and they 'may' not let you open another Paypal account even if you are of age as you have proven you don't abide by their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.