Account Limitation that can't be resolved

whitehareknits
New Community Member

So, up until recently, I was working as an Au Pair in Australia under a working holiday visa. I put just over $1000 in my Australian Paypal account, and that put a limitation on it. It told me that I needed to verify my identity and my address in Australia. I could do the identity part, but not the residency, since they're very specific as to what documents qualify, and I had none of them. I called in and was told that if I had an HR person there was something that they could do, but because I was working for a private family, the only thing I could do was snail mail in a certified copy of my passport to the Omaha home office. I was told this would take a few weeks to resolve this way, but I didn't mind so much just as long as it would take care of the situation. My only concern was that I knew by the time this would all play out, I'd be back in the US (which I am, currently), and it would only get harder to deal with. Since I was required to get tracking on the letter, I know for a fact that the passport copy has made it to the home office, but the limitation is still there.

I emailed in to see what was going on....twice... and both times I got an automated response about "this information on account limitations might help", and if that didn't resolve the issue, to email back with as much detail as possible. I'm still waiting on the third response, but I did that the first time around, and that's how I got the automated response a second time, so I'm not too hopeful there (watch me get that same automated response in the replies to this message as well). And since I'm back in the states now, I can't call in and talk to a person. Does anyone know if I can call the US help number with this issue? I have my case number so it might be able to direct them where they need to go. I do remember that one of the representatives I spoke with over the phone told me that if the issue didn't get resolved, the account would eventually be deleted and the funds would be returned to where they came from. I am fine with this since it came from my Australian Bank Account that is still active. Could someone confirm that?

I just really need that money, and I don't feel comfortable with it just kind of "floating in the void" where I can't secure it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.