Account Limitation - asked to provide credit card statements for prepaid cards...

shethinksugly
New Community Member

I would ask PayPal, but I've been trying to call, chat, and email them all day and when I call, I get hung up on (beep beep beep once I am being transferred to a rep), chat hasn't resulted in a live agent, I've stayed in queue, and I got an automatic response with a promise to respond within 3 business days. 

My account has been regularly used since 2017 and I have several successful transactions, have never opened a dispute nor had a dispute opened against me, my identity has been confirmed (SSN added, mobile confirmed, and I have even resolved a limitation before). I attempted to transfer the $ in my balance to my debit card, which I've done before. However, this time I got a message saying it had to be reviewed and could take 72 hours. I accepted and didn't think anything of it. A few hours later, I log in to find my account has been limited and my transfer canceled. 

I was prompted to upload my driver's license, a utility bill, and statements for every card on my account. I wasn't sure what to upload for my prepaid card. Thus, I uploaded a signed letter saying my prepaid card does not provide statements (it doesn't). Will this be good enough? Has anyone dealt with this in the past? I have been through account limitations before, but I have only been asked to upload my driver's license and proof of address, never statements for every single card.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @shethinksugly,

I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had trying to get in contact with customer service, and the limitation. If there are extenuating circumstances that prevent the ability to produce a statement for a specific card or cards, it may be that they will not be able to be used on the PayPal system. I regret that while limited, you would not be able to remove the cards yourself. A representative would have to assist with that. It is also possible that a representative will be able to review the information that you supplied and would be able to allow the reinstatement of your account with all the cards intact. I regret that the community would not be able to assist with this situation because it would require the assistance of a customer service representative who can directly act in your account.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this is resolved swiftly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

trendspaceltd
Contributor
Contributor
I have had this exact problem , out the blue they have limited my account leaving me unable to use my eBay which is my full income, I have not been able to speak to anyone for over a month now , the last thing they need is a credit card statement but I do not own a credit card anymore. Not to mention another requirement was “to resolve a negative balance” but when I put as little as a penny into my account it was “to much “ . I can not believe the way PayPal have dealt with the Sotuation and can not wait to complain when they are open again!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.