Account Limitation and Closure

KreshaunGordon
New Community Member

This is my story. I am 18 years old and I recently opened my PayPal account, (21st Jan 2020). And I offer an online service and managed to make roughly 140 pounds within a week.

Yesterday my account was randomly limited and I promptly responding to the email with a picture of my ID card, and proof of delivering my online service to my clients. 

I just received an email from PayPal that reads,

"We've reviewed the documents you submitted and determined that you were under 18 years old when you opened your PayPal account. You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for a PayPal account. From now on, you can't send or receive money with this account. 

If you've outstanding buyer complaints and you want to refund your customers, you can do so via the Resolution Centre in your PayPal account.

To continue using our service, please open a new PayPal account. You'll need to use a different email address.

In case you want to use the same financial information for your new PayPal account, please send us a bank statement for the bank account ending with XXXX, so we can remove that bank account from the old PayPal account.

The bank statement needs to contain your name and the bank account number as they appear in your old PayPal account. Please ensure that the bank statement is not older than 12 months. After approval you can then add your bank account to your new PayPal account."

As I stated before, I am 18 and I started my account on January 21st, 2021 . My date of birth is <removed> Clearly, I started my account at the age of 18 but PayPal took it upon themselves to tell me otherwise. I replied to that email with proof of the date I started and verified my PayPal account (And Im sure they have a record of it  themselves as well). I cant believe their unprofessionalism.

Nevertheless, Im not sure they will respond my email or open my account. Can anyone suggest a way for me to contact them. I replied to their email at <removed> . Is there another way I can contact them?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.